Existing music

  • If you plan to record a cover of an existing piece, simply complete the web application and make your payment.
  • Before clearing your production through NCB you need to get permission from the rights holder (composer, lyricist, music publisher, record company) if:
    • you make changes to the music or lyrics
    • the music hasn’t been released before
    • you plan to use the music in an advertising, political, religious or pornographic context
    • you plan to use samples or fragments from existing songs
    • you plan to copy tracks from existing recordings
Licensing terms